Bosch MP5.2

Posts related to specific vehicles, or any other general tuning info.

Return to General tuning

Bosch MP5.2

Postby rezor » Tue May 08, 2018 11:26 pm

Hi,
My wife have peugeot 406c 2.0 16V with ecu as above. Since parts (including ECU) are cheap I want to mess around and learn how to dump, remap and upload ecu binaries on that car. :D
First: what tools(except screwdrivers and wrenches :D) do I need to dump binary properly from that ECU?

rezor
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby Shooting » Wed May 09, 2018 8:36 am

rezor wrote:Hi,
My wife have peugeot 406c 2.0 16V with ecu as above. Since parts (including ECU) are cheap I want to mess around and learn how to dump, remap and upload ecu binaries on that car. :D
First: what tools(except screwdrivers and wrenches :D) do I need to dump binary properly from that ECU?


There are 100's of tools to choose from, but there are 2 basic methods to read/write to your car: OBD or BDM/Bench
For basics you can use an MPPS via OBD and I suggest edit maps with WinOLS.
WinOLS is not the easiest to understand for beginners but it is the best.
With OBD read you don't get the complete read but you get all the basic maps to tune your car.
For a full read you need a BDM reader but it will require you to remove the ECU and read on the bench.

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby rezor » Wed May 09, 2018 12:55 pm

That car doesn't have obd interface, only Delphi 30PIN. I bought adapter PSA<->OBD just for diagnosis (rough idle) but it doesn't work with OBDLink MX, elm327 and simple obd/usb chinese interface. I want to buy MPPS or other interface but that car is not listed on suported vehicle list. Better ask here first what exacly interfaces work to avoid unnecessary costs :)

rezor
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby Shooting » Wed May 09, 2018 1:08 pm

rezor wrote:That car doesn't have obd interface, only Delphi 30PIN. I bought adapter PSA<->OBD just for diagnosis (rough idle) but it doesn't work with OBDLink MX, elm327 and simple obd/usb chinese interface. I want to buy MPPS or other interface but that car is not listed on suported vehicle list. Better ask here first what exacly interfaces work to avoid unnecessary costs :)

Then you need to read on the bench

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby rezor » Wed May 09, 2018 6:16 pm

Ok but still: What BDM/K-TAG/BENCH HW will be compatible with bosch mp5.2 ECU? :D

rezor
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby Shooting » Wed May 09, 2018 6:23 pm

rezor wrote:Ok but still: What BDM/K-TAG/BENCH HW will be compatible with bosch mp5.2 ECU? :D


You will need to check each tool for compatibility, most tools should be ok tho

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby rezor » Wed May 09, 2018 7:03 pm

Unfortunately I don't see compatibility with bosch MP5.2. Either in list for galleto interfaces and cheap chinese copies :crazy: . Maybe MP5.2 is similar to other ECU like ME 7.4.4?
I wouldn't ask if find compatible tool were easy :(

rezor
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby Shooting » Wed May 09, 2018 7:58 pm

rezor wrote:Unfortunately I don't see compatibility with bosch MP5.2. Either in list for galleto interfaces and cheap chinese copies :crazy: . Maybe MP5.2 is similar to other ECU like ME 7.4.4?
I wouldn't ask if find compatible tool were easy :(

What chips are inside? if it's a simple flash then a flash reader will do

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby rezor » Wed May 09, 2018 10:51 pm

From what I found there is AMD ST 28F512. Later I will unscrew case and verify. If yes simple dump via programmer will be enough? :D

rezor
New user
 
Posts: 7
Joined: Sat Oct 21, 2017 9:00 pm
Location: Poland

Re: Bosch MP5.2

Postby Shooting » Wed May 09, 2018 11:57 pm

rezor wrote:From what I found there is AMD ST 28F512. Later I will unscrew case and verify. If yes simple dump via programmer will be enough? :D

If it's a simple 28f512 then yes a simple programmer will do

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 413
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales


Return to General tuning

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests