Bricked ECU 540I e39

Posts relating to recovering blocked ECUs

Return to Recovering ECU

Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby mapkrk » Thu Feb 22, 2018 3:05 am

Hi guys,

I was trying to chip my e39 540i 2002. I got a file from a German website. I have Galletto 4 and FG Tech for flashing ECU. However when was writing a modified file I got a message that "Checksum is not supported". At that point I didn't now that I shouldn't have kept on writing it on. I messed up and bricked my ECU. I've sent original and modified files for checksum correction and I got corrected file back. I've tried flash the ecu with my new file but I'm getting same error that checksum is not supported. Is there any way I can upload old original file or modified one somehow? Is there any other software which would work with galletto 4 (clone) properly ? Any help would be appreciate ! Thank You !

mapkrk
New user
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby Shooting » Thu Feb 22, 2018 7:21 am

mapkrk wrote:Hi guys,

I was trying to chip my e39 540i 2002. I got a file from a German website. I have Galletto 4 and FG Tech for flashing ECU. However when was writing a modified file I got a message that "Checksum is not supported". At that point I didn't now that I shouldn't have kept on writing it on. I messed up and bricked my ECU. I've sent original and modified files for checksum correction and I got corrected file back. I've tried flash the ecu with my new file but I'm getting same error that checksum is not supported. Is there any way I can upload old original file or modified one somehow? Is there any other software which would work with galletto 4 (clone) properly ? Any help would be appreciate ! Thank You !

Get an original BDM read and flash on the bench, BDM/Boot-Mode is the only way now.
Then put the ECU back in the car and flash your new file..

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby adriancl » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:27 pm

ECU is ME5.2 or ME7.2?(engine 448S1 or 448S2?)

Minis never die.They just get faster
If you speed up on curves instead of slowing down you probably own a MINI Cooper.
User avatar
adriancl
Diamond
 
Posts: 512
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:39 pm
Location: Romania

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby mapkrk » Fri Feb 23, 2018 5:23 am

DME is ME7.2. VIN GN88085 09/2002

Can I boot mode with ecu on the car ? Is it pin 24 to ground ? I have looked at my fg tech boot mode and I've got a few selection.

Simens-infineo c167 1- bosh me7-1 mirco - flash 400 boot mode
2- bosh me7-1 micro - flash 800 boot mode

I've never done a boot mode before, can please some one guide me through this ?

Also once I'll be sucesfull with boot mode can I flash it with WinKFP to original ?

Thank you for your responds !

mapkrk
New user
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby Shooting » Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:22 am

mapkrk wrote:DME is ME7.2. VIN GN88085 09/2002

Can I boot mode with ecu on the car ? Is it pin 24 to ground ? I have looked at my fg tech boot mode and I've got a few selection.

Simens-infineo c167 1- bosh me7-1 mirco - flash 400 boot mode
2- bosh me7-1 micro - flash 800 boot mode

I've never done a boot mode before, can please some one guide me through this ?

Also once I'll be sucesfull with boot mode can I flash it with WinKFP to original ?

Thank you for your responds !

Follow this pinout

wbr
You do not have permissions to view the files yet. You have to be registered and you have to make at least 3 quality / unique posts.

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby mapkrk » Wed Feb 28, 2018 3:52 am

I have managed to recovered DME. I got a virgin flash form a member of other forum. I flashed dme in boot mode and synchronized dme with ews and flash It with winkfp with right software by vin number.

Thanks for the pinout!

mapkrk
New user
 
Posts: 12
Joined: Mon Jun 20, 2016 12:41 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby manawaty » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:45 am

mapkrk wrote:I have managed to recovered DME. I got a virgin flash form a member of other forum. I flashed dme in boot mode and synchronized dme with ews and flash It with winkfp with right software by vin number.

Thanks for the pinout!




WHICH SOFTWARE U HAVE USED FOR BOOT

manawaty
New user
 
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:39 am
Location: Egypt

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby Atsaaron » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:40 pm

I managed to do the exact same thing. My e39 2001 BMW 540i ecu is bricked. Yesterday we tried for an hour to get it to reflash a new ZUSB with a K-DCAN cable and Winkpfl software. No matter what we always got a “no response from ecu” error.

So i happen to have a chip burner and adapter that fits the chip. I unsoldered it last night, but realize now I still need a virgins full file to put on the chip. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks.

Aaron

Atsaaron
New user
 
Posts: 2
Joined: Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:32 pm
Location: Texas

Re: Bricked ECU 540I e39

Postby Shooting » Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:48 pm

Atsaaron wrote:I managed to do the exact same thing. My e39 2001 BMW 540i ecu is bricked. Yesterday we tried for an hour to get it to reflash a new ZUSB with a K-DCAN cable and Winkpfl software. No matter what we always got a “no response from ecu” error.

So i happen to have a chip burner and adapter that fits the chip. I unsoldered it last night, but realize now I still need a virgins full file to put on the chip. Can anyone help me with that? Thanks.

Aaron


Try adding a post here ----> introduce-yourself ;)

wbr

User avatar
Shooting
Diamond
 
Posts: 839
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2017 11:43 am
Location: North Wales


Return to Recovering ECU

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests